Friday, October 2, 2009

Swoon

Truth be told, I'm a big Apple fan, especially the iPhone. I have successfully converted many of those around me. Imagine my delight when I heard about this:



No, that's not a big iPhone. It's a tablet computer! The "iTablet" will feature a 10-inch touchscreen, and both Wi-Fi and 3G data. The rumored cost is between $500-$700.

Via the tech site, Gizmodo:

Two people related to the NYTimes have separately told me that in June, paper was approached by Apple to talk about putting the paper on a "new device." The R&D labs have long worked on versions of the paper meant to be navigated without a keyboard or mouse, showing up on Windows tablets and on multiple formats using Adobe Air.

A person close to a VP in textbook publishing mentioned to me in July that McGraw Hill and Oberlin Press are working with Apple to move textbooks to iTunes.

The big question is when will it be available? According to a number of sources, it will launch in early 2010 (possibly February). Needless to say, I'm starting to save my pennies!